Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Exhaust problems

Well, as you're aware I ordered a replacement cat section for my Ghibli from Larini, which arrived a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, it didn't fit, so Larini paid for the system to be returned to them, I thought for modification.

However, they now want to refund my money and pull their range of cat replacement systems for the Ghibli since they can't gaurantee that they can offer a direct replacement system. It seems that there's large tolerances in the Maserati design and so the chances of the replacement system fitting without needing significant modification is too low.

Therefore, I need to source an alternative supplier. This is a real shame since I'd prefer to have had a complete exhaust system from a single source, but seems that the only way of getting the replacement cat section from Larini to fit would be to take the car to their workshop.

I should stress that the Larini rear section system does fit however, since the design of this section enables sufficient flexibility to line it up properly beneath the car.

So I'm now waiting for a response from Tubi Style's European distributor Italparts to see if they can provide me with a system, as listed on Enrico's pages. The part number for the cat section is 03029311030. I sent them an email yesterday and gave them a call this morning and they should be getting back to me this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

probeer het eens bij eps in hoogezand ook niet goedkoop maar op maat gemaakt (hebben ze al eerder gedaan)
gr. charles

Jonny said...

thanks for the info... i've actually got it sorted now... just come back from getting it fitted. i'll write a post on it shortly!

Anonymous said...

Thank you my dear, keep an eye out for the rest of it :)
Exhaust Shops