Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sneak preview of PLX Devices R-800

As you may have read, I'm not particularly impressed with the PLX Devices R-500 unit that I'm currently fitting to my car. The screen is awful and it's not particularly user friendly, plus it's a pain to mount in the dash since it's a bit on the large side and the thick cable that extrudes out the side of the device is not very malleable and is therefore hard to route.

However, searching around on the internet, I've seen references to a replacement that PLX Devices are about to bring out, which annoys me even more since I only bought the R-500 this year and it's already being replaced. However, reading on the PLX Forums, it seems that they may offer some rebate to customers of the R-500, so I might try and upgrade it.

No comments: