Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Korst Banden

I paid a visit to Korst Banden last week. I wanted them to have a look at the Ghibli so that they could measure up the wheels and give me some confidence about ordering the correct size wheels. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the service there.

They didn't seem too interested in measuring up the wheels and I felt like I was telling them what to do rather than them offering me advice. I've a feeling that they're not really into customising wheels, rather offering direct replacement wheels and tyres. One of the younger guys in the workshop did come and have a look and seemed pretty confident about what I was proposing, but the older guy who was at the front desk seemed more interested in ordering the wheels and seeing if they fitted... which is fine if they're prepared to take the wheels back if they don't fit.

They did at least seem OK about trying out some different tyres once the wheels were fitted. He seemed a bit concerned about the tire selection for the front wheels; he thought there might be too much rubber on a 225/40 R18 tyre and thought that a 225/35 R18 tire may be more suitable.

I'm going to order the wheels with the same offset as the current wheels and they see how they fit; hopefully it will all work out and if the fit is too tight I may have to go with 215/35 R18 on the front and 245/30 R18 on the back, or get the lip rolled up. I'm a bit reluctant to go with the latter, since it will be a bit expensive gettting this done, since it will likely involve a paint job.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: