Thursday, June 21, 2007

New exhaust is coming...

Apologies again for not writing for so long... been away on business and then took a short holiday. However, I did manage to order a new mid section exhaust from Larini before heading off on my travels, which should arrive at the garage in the next week or so.

Before playing with the cooling, I want to get the car running how I think it should be with the modification that I've carried out to date. I've also spent a bit of time reading back through this blog and seeing how the car used to perform and I've come to the conclusion that it should be performing better than it actually is at present. That's what prompted the decision to change out the mid section exhaust (coupled with me getting a bonus from work)... I've long suspected one of my cats to be plugged, so changing out the mid section will show whether I'm right or not. The reason I think this is that the car simply doesn't seem to be flowing air at high revs. I know that it's not on the inlet side since the car is running much less losses on the inlet side than a stock car and I know the turbos are in good shape. So the restrictions have to be either on the headers or in the exhaust.

Alternatively, there's something amiss with the timing of the car... and this is something that I'll also have checked out when I take the car to the garage to get the exhaust fitted and to have a few cosmetic maintenance done to the car (changing the bumpers and rolling out a coupe of dents). I'll see if I can also get the data logger installed at the same time.

In the meantime, I've been seeing a few more Maserati around the last couple of weeks. There was a nice looking dark grey Ghibli GT in Den Haag last Friday which looked like the springs had been changed out for lower ones. I also saw a nice 3200 GT in Barcelona a couple of days ago, dark blue with beige leather, exactly what I'm looking for! There's also a silver Ghibli GT that parks outside the royal stables in Den Haag that I see pretty regularly... I think the Ghibli looks good in silver. A couple of weeks ago I also saw a youngish couple drive past in a dark blue Ghibli (again, with what appeared to be shorter springs), again in Den Haag. Seems there's more and more of them around!

No comments: