Saturday, November 04, 2006

Mov'it developments

Seems that Mov'it are keen to rectify my misfitting brakes. They've asked for measurements from which they can design new adapter brackets. They're also talking about supplying me with new caliper billets; seems that they make two designs of calipers, one that's a single piece like the ones I've been supplied, the other a split two-piece caliper.

The one piece caliper mounts to the adapter bracket on the underside of the caliper. In this specification, I don't think the kit will fit to the Ghibli series 1a. However, I suspect that the two piece caliper mounts on the inside face, which means that there should be sufficient clearance to fit to my Ghibli.

I'm very interested to see what they come up with!

In the meantime, I thought I'd mention fuel. I've been running my car exclusively on 98 octane super unleaded fuel for the past few weeks (as opposed to Shell V-Power, which is 97 octane). The car appears to drive much better with the 98 octane fuel, particularly BP Ultima. I've just put a tank of Texaco 98 in, which doesn't appear to perform as well. I'm yet to try Total's offering, but will keep you posted, but my preference is for BP.

It's nice driving the car in this colder weather... it certainly seems to perform better with nice cold air entering the engine and flowing over the intercoolers, so I'm making the most of it before the snow and ice comes!

No comments: