Monday, July 03, 2006

More BMC airbox work

 
This weekend I managed to fit in a couple more hours on the car before watching England get knocked out of the World Cup (disgraceful). As you might be able to make out from the picture above, I didn't quite manage to complete the BMC airbox installation, but did manage to get over half of it done.

 
In the pic above you can see that I've now fitted the oil vapour recovery filters properly! After ordering the right sized filters (13mm ones) and getting some oil/fuel hose (also 13mm), I've located the new filters at the front of the engine block, so that they can receive some reasonably cool air. I think they look cute!

 
I've also replaced the alluminium flexible pipe on the driver's side with some more robust silicone pipe as you can see in the picture above. The only concern that I have is that there's no barb on the connection to the compressor and that it's difficult to get a good connection with the silicone pipe here... I'm really worried that the hose is going to slip off or vibrate itself off. If anyone's got any ideas on how to prevent this (other than clamping it very tightly) then I'd like to hear!

I'll try and get the passenger side changed out next weekend and get some decent pictures of the finished article posted early next week. I also need to sort out that dyno run! And get the car road tested! Busy, busy, busy... Posted by Picasa

No comments: