Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tuned Maserati Ghibli Cup

I've read about this car on Enrico's Maserati pages (he's actually got the car for sale here), but stumbled across this page after doing a Google search for Maserati Ghibli.

This guy has spend a small fortune on his Ghibli Cup. Although I don't really share his taste in the cosmetic changes that he's made, his experience with the exhaust and Motec ECU installation is pretty interesting. I'm not convinced that the cost of the Motec ECU is warranted mind you... I agree that the standard ECU system on the Ghibli is rather slow and antiquated, but that's purely on the processing side; the input sensors aren't the problem.

If you take the Ghibli to a decent chip tuning outfit then they will upgrade the existing processor in the OEM ECU. This is what Rica did on mine and straight away there was a noticeable increase in preformance on the dyno of about 10 hp if I recall correctly.

No comments: