Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Car in safe hands?

I dropped the Ghibli off at Auto Forza this morning, taking it very easy so as not to aggrevate the holy throttle body any further (but still leaving the wife standing at the traffic lights (driving the Volvo), despite short shifting and the wet road conditions).

Since it was early, Jorrit was not around when I dropped the car off, but I called him this afternoon to confirm that he got the keys and that the car was OK. He'd just come back from his holidays and was describing to me how his turbo (he's got an Alfa) had blown up 300 km before arriving home. Fortunately, the car still managed to make it back to his house, albeit with a decent amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust.

I informed him that I hadn't had time to fit the replacement throttle body and he gave a chuckle before telling me that it was only a 10 minute job... I explained to him that it would probably take me about an hour.

So, the car should be ready maybe at the end of the week, but most likely the beginning of next week...

No comments: